saracuervo said: YES HE HAS PRETTY EYES YESYES I APPROVE DRAW MORE THINGS YES /huye
I LOVE YOU, NO HUYAS
I draw more things pero no backgrounds hoy.
I was going to paint the background but felt lazy and then I remembered this is still supposed to just be a character design reference. I’m free from backgrounds! (though I might end up painting it)
So basically this boy is a “might be Russian but we don’t really know, we’re just guessing because of his first name”, adopted by Chinese people (thus with Chinese nationality), living in Karya (the planet I’ve created), but looks like a Californian boy. I promise I never wanted to complicate it so much.
Aka: Yuri Ooi, who happens to also look good in clothes as well as without them.
I actually wanted to do Yuri with brown eyes. In fact, Yuri was born from my desire to get away from my prototypical blue-eyed character and I turned directly towards brown eyes.
But then I had to change Yuri’s eyes because of the plot (even though the center of his irises IS brown; I modified the outside of his irises but left the inside brown so he would have partially brown eyes).
Friendly reminder that brown eyes are as beautiful as eyes of other colours.
There are chocolate brown eyes, coffee brown eyes, wood coloured eyes, eyes that turn amber in the sun… And remember how pretty brown eyes are when they reflect the sunlight.
I see lots of friends who think less of themselves (sometimes I’m included among them) because they’ve always been told that brown eyes aren’t beautiful. But there’s a certain magic to brown eyes, especially their warmth and sincerity, that gives them a unique beauty.
- Less danger of writing awful purple prose
- Friends can survive without constantly being around each other
- Friendships are really cute
- It’s easier to write healthy friendships
- Somebody can be friends with two people without it turning into an annoying “friendship triangle”
- Positive female-female friendships are underrepresented
- Female-male friendships without romantic undertones are underrepresented outside of children’s books
- Most people don’t collapse into irrational heaps of strong emotions whenever they see their friends, which makes it way easier to fight off attacking ninjas
- More stories about online friends would be nice
- Friends don’t have to be conventionally attractive in order to sell books
- Did I mention the cuteness factor?
there is a very good compilation of gender neutral pronouns in a variety of different languages that can be found here! it’s really helpful and a lot of thought and help has gone into it from people who speak these as their native language! i definitely recommend you go check it out
i only have two speed settings for blogging: “makes you wonder if theyre even still active” or “your entire dash is nothing but me”